22 April 2011

Cheap Beer, Slugs, and New Veggies

Thanks to the low low price of $2.99/6-pack at Trader Joe's, our garden slugs have a variety of beers to choose from for their night-time drowning pleasure.


I did taste these beers before pouring them for the slugs, just out of curiosity. Name Tag is really nasty, sweet and chemical tasting. Simpler Times Pilsner isn't so bad actually. It smells sweet but actually has a sort of decent pilsner taste. I still think I'll leave it for the slugs though. Next time I'll try Simpler Times Lager and Simpler Times Mexican Lager, also $2.99/6-pack. I like to give the slimy things a choice of beverages to drown in.


And since they're easily distracted by the beer, I now have broccoli!

And some lettuce!

And the peas are still going strong, and squashes are coming along nicely too.. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment